Hopefully you have had a chance to look around the website and gain an understanding of how Marriage Mentors partners with churches to train and equip mentors.
What is involved in getting a mentoring ministry started in your church?
1. The first step is to identify the staff member who will provide oversight for the mentoring ministry, and the Ministry Coordinator couple(s) who will serve as the ministry leadership.
2. The second step is to invite potential mentor couples to an informational meeting in your church where they can learn about Marriage Mentors and determine if this is a ministry they want to be involved in. (Marriage Mentors will provide you with a powerpoint presentation to use at your informational meeting)
3.Those couples that express a desire to become trained as mentors after the informational meeting will then need to be trained as marriage mentors. Training your mentor couples can be accomplished in one of three ways:
- Send couples to Dallas, TX to attend one day training
- Bring a Marriage Mentors certified trainer to your church to train couples (min. of 10 couples registered)
- Send a lead couple to Dallas, TX to become a certified Marriage Mentors trainer through a Friday-Saturday facilitator training. This couple will then be certified to train mentor couples in your church.
4. Once mentor couples have been trained, you simply need to begin communicating the Marriage Mentors ministry in your church, giving potential mentee couples a clear path to sign up and be paired with a trained mentor couple.
5. Marriage Mentors will continue to partner with your church and mentor couples through the state of the art online Mentor Support System.
If you would like a Marriage Mentors’ representative to contact you about how you can get a marriage mentoring ministry started in your church please fill out the form below.